Community projects with the aim of making social housing areas Cleaner, Safer and Greener may be eligible for up to £1,000 of Council funding.
The grants can be used to support a range of projects that will specifically improve amenities in or around social housing areas, including projects with the aim of:
- Resolving community identified issues
- Reducing anti-social behaviour around social housing
- Supporting safety and security measures
- Increasing wellbeing and mental health of tenants
- Tackling issues relating to waste management, litter and dog fouling
- Helping vulnerable groups or individuals
- Supporting tenants into education, learning and volunteering opportunities.
During the past year, funds we’re raised for multiple projects including improving communal gardens at Bakewell Court in Balderton, organising a spruce up day at South View in Newark and providing tenants with garden tools to grow their own vegetables at De Lacy Court in Ollerton.
For more detailed information you can contact the Tenant Engagement Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make an application, you can fill out the Community Chest Application [4,857kb] form.
For information on the guidelines for the project, please read the Community Chest Guidelines [4,516kb]