Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations
The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 allow individuals and organisations to apply to re-use information that we hold.
Re-use means using the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected.
More information can be found in our publication scheme
Making a request to re-use data
Completing our online form is the easiest way to make a request to re-use information that we hold.
You can also make a request in writing. Your request should state:
- your name
- your address
- details of the information you want to re-use and for what purpose
You can send this to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or as a hardcopy to: Information Governance, Castle House, Great North Road, Newark, Notts NG24 1BY
What happens next?
To comply with the regulations we have a duty to:
- respond to requests within 20 working days
- offer appropriate advice and guidance
- grant licences for re-use of information where applicable
- charge a fee to cover the costs of producing and supplying the information, where there is reasonable justification
What if you are unhappy with our response?
If you’re unhappy with our decision about your request, you can ask for an internal review. If you’re still not content with the internal review outcome, you can apply to the Information Commissioner with your complaint.