Trade waste collections
If you operate any form of business, you have a legal responsibility under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and other related legislation to safely contain and legally dispose of any waste produced from your business. This includes anyone operating a business from home.
If you don’t, you can be taken to court as you are committing offences. Please note that your business rates do not include the cost of your business waste disposal.
At the district council we have a dedicated, experienced trade waste team.
We offer an efficient service at competitive rates, aimed solely at businesses and designed to fit your waste disposal needs.
- No Vat charges
- No charge for bin rental or documentation
- Bin sizes ranging from 240 litres to 1100 litres
- Pre-paid labels for bags available – perfect if you have no storage for bins
- Discount for additional bin
Trade Recycling Service
Are you doing your bit?
Recycling trade waste helps
- Conserve resources
- Save energy
- Protect the environment
- Reduce landfill
With our trade recycling service you can recycle
- Paper including newspapers, magazines, writing paper, junk mail, catalogues, cardboard, corrugated cardboard, cereal packets, greeting cards and egg boxes.
- Plastics including drinks bottles, milk bottles, shampoo bottles, detergent bottles, washing-up liquid bottles, sauce bottles, friendly bacteria bottles, margarine tubs and yoghurt pots.
- Tins including odd tins, drink cans, pet food tins, large metal sweet tins and empty aerosol canisters.
Collections take place weekly or fortnightly depending on your needs.
Please note there is a limited service in some areas, please contact the trade office for details.
How to pay
Once you have organised your trade waste collection you will receive an invoice from us.
You can pay
- By direct debit, please call 01636 655572 to set up a direct debit
- By telephone, please call 01636 65572 to pay using a debit or credit card
You can also pay at the Post Office, Paypoint or Payzone outlets