Work experience at the Council
We offer unpaid work experience for students and graduate placements in most of our departments.
From leisure centres to HR, community safety and asset management, there’s a diverse range of opportunities. Each placement includes a structured work programme to make it as interesting, worthwhile and rewarding as possible.
Priority for work experience is given to students who either live or attend school in the Newark and Sherwood district. We’ve also welcomed graduates from a number of universities, and students from Germany through the twinning association and through the Ready4Work team at Nottinghamshire County Council.
To apply you’ll need to:
- complete and return a work experience application form [288kb] [DOC] – or fill in the pdf version work experience application form PDF (PDF File, 430kb)[PDF]
- email a brief letter and CV, if you have one, to email@example.com
Your letter should tell us:
- the subjects you’re studying at school, your interests and hobbies
- the area of the Council you would like to work in, and why
- the dates when you’d like your placement to happen
We’ll then make enquiries for you with your preferred department, sending a letter of confirmation if you’re successful.
All successful students must complete a disclosure of convictions form before starting a placement (a requirement for anyone who works for us whether permanent, temporary or voluntary). We also carry out risk assessments for all students aged 17 and under.