Local development framework
Our district faces many future challenges including:
- providing new housing and jobs
- creating new infrastructure and facilities
- tackling climate change
The planning system has a key role in helping to manage these changes. The local development framework (LDF) sets out how we’re working to tackle these issues by bringing together a folder of documents setting out our planning policy. It is made up of:
- the amended core strategy DPD
- the Allocations & Development Management DPD
- a policies map, which show which policies and allocations apply to which part of the district
- Supplementary planning documents (SPDs), which provide further detail on policies within the district’s development plan documents (DPDs).
- Neighbourhood Plans in some parishes
Timetable for review of the plan
As a result of the measures we’ve introduced to tackle COVID-19, the work on the review of the allocations & development management development plan document (DPD) cannot be progressed onto the next stage of public consultation for the foreseeable future.
Work on the plan review that has been completed so far can be found on our website.
The local development scheme will be updated and a new programme will be made available once we’re in a position to do so. Should you have any queries, please contact us.
The current timetable and process for the review of the remaining parts of the LDF is set out within our local development scheme (PDF File, 693kb)