Our licensing policy

We use a council licensing policy which sets out our approach to dealing with applications for personal and premises licences under the Licensing Act

The policy is one of the matters that the Licensing Committee or sub-committee must take into account when considering applications. The others are the act itself and the guidance issued by the home office under the act.

We have a duty to publish a register which lists premises that have licences and details of personal licences.

What needs licensing?

Under the act any of the following 'licensable activities' will require a licence:

  • The sale of alcohol
  • The supply of alcohol to members of registered clubs and their guests
  • The supply of late night refreshments i.e. hot food or drink between the hours of 11pm and 5am (this will include mobile vans)
  • The provision of regulated entertainment

Regulated entertainment includes the performance of a play, an exhibition of a film, an indoor sporting event, a boxing or wrestling entertainment, a performance of dance and the provision of facilities for making music or for dancing.

What do I need to apply for?

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet