The Council’s RealHome service links landlords who have good quality properties available to rent with people in need of housing.
We are looking for landlords who are willing to provide safe, affordable accommodation in return for a free, quality service.
RealHome offers a range of free services that include:
- a tenant finding service, including referencing and affordability checks
- a rent deposit scheme (maximum amount covered in line with legislation)
- a National Landlords Association approved tenancy agreement
- accompanied viewings
- a photographic inventory service
- tenancy sign up and advice on utilities
- periodic property inspections
- tenancy support
- a dedicated landlord contact to give advice and support
More information about renting out your property can be found on the government website.
To find out more, download the RealHome leaflet (PDF File, 1,507kb) here.
How to get involved
If you’re a landlord looking for suitable tenants as well as support throughout the tenancy, complete and return our online RealHome landlord application form and we’ll be in touch.
Our dedicated Landlord Liaison Officer will then contact you to discuss what the scheme has to offer and explain the process involved.