Ollerton Town Centre Regeneration
In November, the Government announced that Newark and Sherwood District Council will benefit from an investment of around £20m as part of its Levelling Up Fund Round 3, to be split between Ollerton and Clipstone.
For years, we have been working hard to develop an exciting regeneration project for Ollerton, and the allocation of this funding can now mark the official start of this transformational journey for the town centre.
You can read more and view our outline plans for Ollerton town centre below.
We are committed to regenerating the heart of Ollerton and are seeking to create a brand-new town centre.
You can expect:
- a public sector service hub, with services of the Town and District Council’s
- brand-new state-of-the-art library and community space
- boutique community cinema
- public space
- retail space
The site connects Forest Road, Rufford Avenue and Sherwood Drive. You can see what the site currently looks like using the following link: current Ollerton town centre layout (PDF File, 283kb)
You can view the indictive plans by clicking on the links below:
Why are we doing this? Our vision and objectives
The regeneration of Ollerton will allow the town to be better connected and draw visitors into the town centre to enjoy the mixture of shops and food and beverage services.
The community will be able to access services easily at the new Public Service Hub to gain advice and support and benefit from enhanced adult education services.
Ollerton has a thriving community spirit, which we want to enhance and promote, drawing on the town’s rich heritage and making Ollerton the town of choice to visit and invest in.
The designs will improve the town centre by:
- creating a new pedestrianised area that connects Forest Road to Tesco’s
- offering improved and new retail space
- a range of new homes that meet the needs of the community
- creating a new Public Service Hub
- attracting more visitors into Ollerton
- providing a place to meet and spend time
- improving the architecture of the town centre
Tell us what you think
Your feedback and thoughts on the development are crucial to its success. You can have your say by emailing email@example.com with your thoughts.
A summary of the feedback will be shared on this webpage. Please keep checking back here for updates.
Our timeline for the project are:
December 2023 – talking to local people
2024 – finalise design and public engagement
Spring 2025 – start on site
Summer 2026 – completion and open to the public for use
Meet the team
To make the vision of Ollerton a reality, we have a skilled project team in place which is committed to regenerating the town centre to better support the needs of its community. The project team includes:
- Newark and Sherwood District Council – will manage the project and ensure it is delivered by summer 2026 and provide a number of services within the public sector service hub
- Ollerton and Boughton Town Council – a key partner in the project, owners of the Town Hall and nearby land and will relocate to the new public sector service hub
- Willmot Dixon – will help deliver the Ollerton regeneration scheme with the support of the project team
- Inspire – will be responsible for running the new library, which will feature a large range of books, adult courses, computers, online support and space for community clubs to meet
- Nottinghamshire County Council – an important partner and will bring forward a transport hub and input into the overall design
- Johal PLC – owners of the Forest Centre which will be demolished to create a new entrance from Forest Road and link to Tesco’s.