One in six properties in Newark and Sherwood is at risk of flooding.
Check your flood risk and find information on what to do before, during and after flooding on our Flood FAQs page.
The Council helps during flooding incidents by:
• helping to monitor local flood warnings
• coordinating local flood wardens and emergency stores
• offering help and advice
• providing sandbags for vulnerable people
• organising evacuations and emergency shelters if needed
• helping with flood recovery
Roads and travel during bad weather
Nottinghamshire County Council is the local highways authority. You can report a flooded road or drainage problem online. If you think lives are endangered then call 999.
Find out about current road closures and disruptions locally on the Nottinghamshire County Council website or tune into Radio Newark for the latest travel news.