Tenancy services

From maintaining playgrounds to advice and support on independent living, as a tenant we provide you with more than just access to a home.

Communal and open spaces

We want to make your surroundings the best they can be. To achieve this for our tenants we take care of communal and open spaces by:

  • cutting the grass
  • maintaining open plan spaces and playgrounds
  • undertaking communal window cleaning
  • pruning trees and shrubs
  • litter picking
  • removing any fly tipped items

Play park maintenance

The Council manages several play parks, all of which are inspected weekly by our grounds maintenance contractor.

A specialist inspection company also carry out an annual inspection each summer. Any issues are passed to our appointed play park repairs contractor.

You can identify whether a play park is maintained by the council by signage placed near the play equipment. Need to report a problem? Contact us. If the play park is not maintained by the council we can still provide assistance in reporting issues to the play park owners.

Getting involved

If you’re a tenant or a leaseholder and you want to be more involved in your community, or in shaping our services, please visit our get involved page.

Contents insurance

We’ve negotiated a special contents insurance scheme for our tenants, costing from just 81p per week. 

It’s important to have contents insurance in place because without it your personal belongings are not protected against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage. 

What you need to know about RSA’s tenants contents insurance

  • Tenants contents insurance financially protects the contents in your home, garage and shed.
  • Cover includes improvements you make to your home, such as new laminate flooring or a fitted kitchen.
  • Prices start from as little as 45p per week, £1.39 per month, or £16.84 a year** for contents insurance.

**Prices shown are for £4,000 of contents insurance cover, based on postcode area and include a transaction fee. They exclude accidental damage and optional covers. The price you pay will depend on your individual circumstances, postcode and cover chosen.
RSA price data June 2023.

  • You can pay, weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annually – whatever suits you best.
  • No nasty surprises – no excess on claims and no fees for changing your details or cancelling your policy.
  • You don’t have to have special door or window locks – as long as your external doors lock, its fine.
  • You can upgrade your cover to protect your homes contents against accidental damage.
  • You have the option to protect your belongings whilst away from the home, and if you have them, you can also cover your bicycles, hearing aids, and wheelchair/mobility scooter(s) whilst away from your home.
  • More than 25,000 tenants have already chosen RSA’s tenants contents insurance*, so they understand what you need from them.

* Number of customers with active tenants contents insurance policy – April 2023.

RSA will be there for you, if you ever need to make a claim and will put things right as quickly as they can.

In the last three years, RSA has paid more than 3,700 claims with a value of £2.5Million ***.

*** RSA claims data January 2020 – December 2022.

Ready to find out more?

If tenants contents insurance sounds like a good idea, you can find out more and apply today.

Submitting a claim

  • We know that submitting a claim for home contents insurance can be very stressful.
  • To help the process you can now access an online claims portal provided by the insurer. You can use the portal to submit a claim and track its process – all in one place.
  • You can find the claims portal here.

Please contact Royal and Sun Alliance to set up your contents insurance or download and complete the household contents insurance form 2023 (PDF File, 641kb) and return to the address on the front.

A copy of the Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance Product Information Document (PDF File, 74kb) is available to view. 

Royal and Sun Alliance:
03456 718 172
RSA, URIS Group, Quay Point, Lakeside Boulevard, Doncaster, DN4 5PL.

Safer communities

Antisocial behaviour is behaviour that causes nuisance, harm or distress. It can range from verbal and physical abuse to disruptive activities including graffiti, drug dealing, drinking and excessive noise.

Contact us to report antisocial behaviour, hate crime or domestic abuse.  

We work in partnership with tenants, leaseholders and the police to keep our communities safe. Find out more about anti social behaviour and how we deal with it.

In an emergency you should contact Nottinghamshire Police on 999, or your local police station's non-emergency number on 101. Find out more about the different ways to contact the police on their website.


Careline is an independent living service that allows you to raise an alarm from anywhere in your home. We provide 24 hour monitoring, 365 days a year from our local call centre.

Parking and garages

We manage garages, parking spaces and plots across Newark and Sherwood. If you wish to rent a garage, parking space or parking plot, please contact us. We currently have a waiting list in some areas.


Two allotments in the district are run by our housing team in Blidworth and Epperstone. You can find out more information on the Allotments page including information about how to find out about other allotment sites in the district.