How to report a dangerous tree

There are a number of organisations which deal with tree issues.

See the table below to help point you to the appropriate organisation for a range of circumstances.

Location of treeContact
Trees fallen on or onto your property, causing damage or inconvenience Contact emergency services if necessary. Contact your own mortgage provider and/or insurer for advice in the first instance.
Problems with trees on private property Contact owner of tree
Problems with trees on County Council property, including schools Contact head of establishment in first instance
Fallen trees on public highways Contact emergency services for help if necessary. Otherwise contact Nottinghamshire County Council
Trees on, or near affecting county roads, road verges and surfaced public rights of way  Contact Nottinghamshire County Council
Trees on other public property Contact head of establishment in the first instance 
Trees in public parks 

Will normally be managed by town, parish and district councils. Signs in parks usually indicate who is responsible. Contact district council, town or parish council as appropriate.

Please see our parks and gardens pages for those maintained by the council. 

 Motorways and trunk roads in Nottinghamshire (e.g. A1, A46) Contact Highways England 

Contact us

Newark and Sherwood District Council
Castle House
Great North Road
NG24 1BY

01636 650000


Follow us on Twitter‌ Like us on Facebook‌ Follow us on Pinterest‌ Follow us on Instagram

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet