COVID-19: Bulky and electrical waste
We are not able to offer face-to-face quotes or collection of items that require access to inside properties or from rear gardens. In order to protect our crews you must be able to leave the items outside the front of your property for 72 hours before collection. You must also make our team aware if you are self-isolating or shielding. This is for both your protection and our crews.
To make a booking please call 01636 650000 or book online using the links below.
Recycling furniture and appliances
Before you book a collection there are a number of charities and organisations which may be interested in your second hand furniture and appliances if they are in good condition. These include:
- The British Heart Foundation accepts donations of furniture. Call 0844 499 4152 for more information
- Betel UK will collect donations of furniture and white goods for sale in their charity shops
- Freecycle is an online swap shop. It gives furniture a second lease of life, as well as helping you to find free items
The furniture project in Ollerton is always in need of quality usable items. If your preloved furniture is in a condition to go straight to someone in need and any soft furnishings have the relevant fire label attached then call 01623 836410.
All electrical items must be in good working condition but disconnected from services (plumbing, electric etc.)
|They do want||They don't want |
|Sofas and armchairs
||Wall units and wardrobes over 4 foot wide
|Bedding, curtains, headboards and ottomans
|Cots, beds, bunkbeds and sofabeds
||Pianos and organs
|Tables and chairs
||Prams, pushchairs and highchairs
|Books, carpets and bric a brac
||Stereos, videos or computers
|Desks, wardrobes, drawers, dressing tables, cabinets, TV units, coffee tables and bookcases
|Ladders, tools and mowers
||Curtain poles and blinds
|Hoovers and microwaves
|Pots, pans and cutlery
|| Cot mattresses
|Washers, dryers, dishwashers and working fridges and freezers
|Toasters, gas or electric cookers, irons and kettles
|Electric fires and heaters, electric beds and chairs
|Flat screen TVs
Book a collection
We collect electrical and white goods items in a separate vehicle to bulky waste to enable effective recycling. If you have a mix of items for collections you will need to make separate bookings.
Charges for collection
The charge for collection is £13 for the first item and £7 for subsequent items.
- A 3 piece suite = 3 items
- A bed and a mattress = 2 items
- 4 extra bags of refuse = 1 items
- Washing Machine = 1 item
- Microwave = 1 item
- 1 full 240 litre bin = 1 item
Items we cannot collect:
- Commercial fridges and freezers
- Vehicle parts, soil, construction material such as bricks, rubble, tiles bathroom/kitchen fittings etc.
- We cannot handle any hazardous waste please consult a specialist contractor
- Large metal items, such as radiators/boilers/garage doors
- Pianos and organs as they are too big and difficult to dispose of. If you have a piano or organ, look for a charity or organisation that might want to take it off your hands.
Please note that collections are not on the same day as your normal bins.
- Please have your item(s) out ready at the front of your property for at least 72 hours before collection to reduce the risk of COVID transmission.
- No refunds will be given if we visit your property and the item(s) are not out ready for collection. To re-arrange the collection a new payment would need to be made.
- A minimum of 24 hours' notice is required for all cancellations - refunds will not be given after this time.
- Please call customer services if you need to cancel a collection and have your reference number ready.
Most household waste can be taken to local Household Waste Recycling Centres.