COVID-19: Bulky and electrical waste
All bulky items that would usually be collected as part of the service will be accepted, with the exception of fence panels, garden sheds and large electrical/white goods items, for example American-style fridge freezers. Small under counter appliances, which can be collected by one operative, are still being accepted.
We are not able to offer face-to-face quotes or collection of items that require access to inside properties. In order to protect our crews you must be able to leave the items outside the front of your property for 72 hours before collection. You must also make our team aware if you are self-isolating or shielding. This is for both your protection and our crews.
While the recycling centres were closed, we were pleased to offer a temporary reduced charge of £5 per bulky item to help residents clear additional waste they have accumulated.
As the recycling centres have since re-opened, normal charges of £13 per item followed by £7 per additional item will come into effect from Monday, June 29.
To make a booking please call 01636 650000. Please be aware we are only taking telephone bookings at this time and the online booking system is suspended.
Charges for collection
The charge for collection of bulky waste is £13 for the first item and £7 for subsequent items.
- A 3 piece suite = 3 items
- A bed and a mattress = 2 items
- 4 extra bags of refuse = 1 items
- 1 full 240 litre bin = 1 item
We will quote individually for larger jobs such as more than 6 items, large fitted cupboards/wardrobes and fence panels. Please call customer services for a quote.
Items we cannot collect:
- Vehicle parts, soil, construction material such as bricks, rubble, tiles bathroom/kitchen fittings etc
- We cannot handle any hazardous waste please consult a specialist contractor
- Large metal items, such as radiators / boilers / garage doors
- Pianos and organs as they are too big and difficult to dispose of. If you have a piano or organ, look for a charity or organisation that might want to take it off your hands
Please note that bulky waste is not collected on the same day as your normal bins.
- Please have your item(s) out ready for collection by 6am to ensure it gets collected.
- No refunds will be given if we visit your property and the item(s) are not out ready for collection. To re-arrange the collection a new payment would need to be made.
- A minimum of 24 hours' notice is required for all cancellations - refunds will not be given after this time.
- Please call customer services if you need to cancel a collection and have your reference number ready.
Most household waste can be taken to local Household Waste Recycling Centres.
There is also a number of charities and organisations which may be interested in your second hand furniture and appliances if they are in good condition. These include:
- The Furniture Project will collect unwanted furniture and will pass it on to someone in need. Call 01623 836410 for more details
- The British Heart Foundation accepts donations of furniture. Call 0844 499 4152 for more information
- Betel UK will collect donations of furniture and white goods for sale in their charity shops
- Freecycle is an online swap shop. It gives furniture a second lease of life, as well as helping you to find free items