Social housing complaints process

Have your voice heard

Every day, social housing residents are having their complaints heard. You can too.

If you’re unhappy with the service from Newark and Sherwood District Council as your social housing provider, first make a complaint to us so we can try and resolve.

If you’re not satisfied with the final response, and you’ve progressed through our full complaints process then after 8 weeks you’re entitled to complain to the Housing Ombudsman.

They are committed to resolving things fairly and impartially.

We appreciate all feedback, you can also praise the Council if we’ve gone above and beyond in our service.

To make a complaint or to even mention something the Newark and Sherwood District Council service has done well, go to our feedback page.

To speak to the Housing Ombudsman go to their website.

Social housing survey

The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) has commissioned research to gather views from social housing tenants in England about how social landlords are currently performing against the commitments set out in the Social Housing White Paper.

The survey will cover the 5 key themes of the Social Housing White Paper: keeping properties in good repair, maintaining building safety, respectful and helpful engagement, responsible neighbourhood management, and effective handling of complaints.

Some of the questions will be similar to the Tenant Satisfaction Measures (TSMs) proposed by the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH), however this survey will not be used to measure the performance of individual landlords, and IFF will not be identifying tenant responses at individual landlord level.

Tenants will be contacted by telephone or by email from Monday 21 March onwards. All calls and emails will explain upfront that this survey is being conducted by IFF Research on behalf of DLUHC.