- Regular tours of the castle and gardens
- Green Flag garden areas with seating
- Access to the castle's walls and dungeons
- Site of King John's death in 1216
- Part of the Civil War Trail.
- Bandstand for seasonal concerts
- Surfaced pathways suitable for wheelchairs
- Nearest Public Toilets are located in the Gilstrap Centre
- Nearby parking
- Close to shopping areas and historic market place
- Get married at Newark Castle
- Dog's are welcome if kept on a lead
Guided Tours of Newark Castle
Guided tours of the Castle are conducted by the Castle Warden and volunteers every week.
For reviews of the tours or to leave your own feedback visit the Castle's Trip Advisor page.
Please note, the Dungeon Tour involves climbing up and down a steep ladder. Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
King John exhibition
Find out about King John and his links to Newark Castle with this informative exhibition
Exhibition opening times:
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 10am to 2pm.
Friends of Newark Castle
The Friends of Newark Castle and Gardens is a group of volunteers which assists the council with the management and maintenance of the castle gardens. The group represents different users of the castle and grounds and advises the council on how to meet their diverse needs. The friends meet monthly and new members are always welcome. For further details please contact the council.
For further information or to join the Friends of Newark Castle and Gardens, please contact Allan Towler by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Paranormal Groups please contact Floss for information on investigations: email@example.com
Volunteer at Newark Castle