Businesses which include the sale of alcohol or opening late in the evening will come under the Licensing Act 2003.

These include:

Learn about the new accreditation scheme for clubs, pubs and bars: Best Bar None

We also issue licences for other business purposes including taxis and professions which the Government states need to be licensed for safety reasons, such as beauty treatments and businesses involving the keeping of the animals.

If you are unsure whether you need a licence for your business, you can contact us or alternatively, for free, practical business advice and support provided by the UK Government, use the Business Link online tool.

A full list of the licences which the council issues is on the left of this page. If you require help or further information, please contact our customer services team.

The National Fraud Initiative

This is an exercise that matches electronic data within and between public and private sector bodies to prevent and detect fraud.

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Thurs 8.30am to 5.15pm
    Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm

    Customer Feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Newark and Sherwood District Council
    Kelham Hall
    NG23 5QX

Access Extranet