Roads and Paths

Please report road problems to Nottinghamshire County Council. This includes reporting problems with street lighting, potholes, uneven pavements and verges.

Report a problem with a road, pavement or cycle way

You can also find out more about:

  • Road works and closures
  • Road maintenance (including gritting)
  • Road safety - for schools, cycling and pedestrians
  • Road licences and permits (to close roads, use of skips etc)
  • Traffic and travel

Found a pothole?

Help improve our roads by reporting any potholes you find in your area to Nottinghamshire County Council.

Use their quick online reporting system to make sure their Highways team know exactly where the problem is.

Dropped Kerbs

A crossing across a public footpath or verge for your vehicle to gain access to your property from the highway is known as a dropped kerb.

A dropped kerb must be built to specific standards and Nottinghamshire County Council operate a licence system for this. Visit the Nottinghamshire County Council website for more information. 

If your property is on a A or B road, or some C roads, you will also need planning permission. Visit our planning permission information and complete Exemption Form 1 for householders.

Contact us

Highways North Area Office
Nottinghamshire County Council 
Welbeck House
Darwin Drive
Sherwood Energy Village
NG22 9FF

0300 500 80 80

Report road problems

Other websites

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer Feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet