Southwell Tourist Information Centre
Visit the friendly and helpful staff at Southwell TIC for all the local information you need. We are located in the centre of the town near to the Minster Shop on Church Street.
Key local attractions
- Southwell Minster - the cathedral of Nottinghamshire
- The Workhouse -step back in time at The Workhouse in Southwell where you can follow in the footsteps of paupers and find out what life was like in the 19th century
- Southwell Minster - a magnificent 12th century minster with twin 'pepper pot' spires
- The Archbishop's Palace - visit the palace and gardens
- Southwell Racecourse - one of the country's few all-weather racecourse
- The Museum of Timekeeping - see the British Horological Institute's fascinating clock and watch collection.
- Southwell Market - vibrant Saturday market for veg, cakes, cheese, plants, clothes, fresh fish and much more
Where to stay
For local hotels, B&B's, pubs and self-catering accommodation
Planning your visit in Newark and Sherwood!
For attractions, events, accommodation, shopping and food and drink.
Faces of Change: Votes for Women
The Workhouse in Southwell has launched a new and fascinating exhibition called Faces of Change: Votes for women.
This is an exciting collaboration with the National Portrait Gallery and charts the national campaign for women’s suffrage in a very contemporary and imaginative way.
It also tells the story of local women connected to the Workhouse like Laura Ridding and includes an incredible array of rarely seen photographs and paintings.
The exhibition honours the 100 years milestone since women were granted the right to vote and is open in Southwell until 22 July.
OVO Energy Tour of Britain 2018
SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday 8 September 2018