Most planning application forms can be completed and submitted online using the Planning Portal

If you choose to submit your application online or by post, before submitting, make sure you have read our national and local validation checklists.

Forms commonly used are available to download for you to print and complete below.

  • Notification of a Proposed Change of Use to Dwelling(s) Form
  • Notification of a Proposed Larger Home Extension Form
  • Householder application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling Form
  • Application for planning permission Form
  • Application for planning permission and listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed building Form
  • Application for consent to display an advertisement(s) Form
  • Application for approval of details reserved by condition Town and Country Planning Act 1990 Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 Form 
  • Application for Hedgerow Removal Notice Form 
  • Application for tree works: works to trees subject to TPO or trees in a conservation area Form 
  • Application for a non-material amendment following a grant of planning permission Form
  • Notice for non-material applications Form
  • Application for listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed building Form
  • Application to vary or remove a planning condition Form


Most applications need a planning fee. The decision to charge for planning applications has been made by Parliament and therefore the scale of fees is the same throughout England and Wales.  You can calculate the fee of your planning application using the fee calculator available at the Planning Portal. There are some exemptions to fees.  Upon receipt of your application, we will check the fee is correct and if the concession is applicable.

You can pay using our online payment service. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (if you are submitting your application online through the Planning Portal, you can pay when you apply).   

Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) may be required to be paid if planning permission is granted for your proposal.  Please visit our CIL website for more information.

How we can help you with your application

In order to make sure you have all the relevant information with your application, pre-application discussions will help to identify and resolve any issues which may come up during the applications and consequently mean a decision can be secured more quickly.

Data protection and privacy 

We are committed to protecting your personal data and privacy.

The personal information you provide to us will only be used to process the application you have made to us.

Contact us

Newark and Sherwood District Council
Castle House
Great North Road
NG24 1BY

01636 650000


Follow us on TwitterLike us on FacebookFollow us on Pinterest‌ Follow us on Instagram

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet