Vehicle alarm noise

Vehicle alarms that develop faults and sound continuously for no apparent reason can become a noise nuisance for a prolonged period, especially in residential areas.

Alarms should be checked regularly and any faults rectified to prevent problems occurring.

If a complaint is made we will attempt to contact the owner through the police so they can deal with their alarm. If the keeper of the vehicle cannot be contacted a notice can be served requiring the keeper to switch off the alarm. The notice can be placed on the vehicle concerned or served directly on the registered keeper and any person responsible for the vehicle.

After a reasonable period of time, if the alarm is still sounding, we can arrange for the alarm to be switched off. If that isn't possible, the vehicle may be removed to a secure place. Any costs incurred will be recovered from the keeper of the vehicle. In both instances the police must be notified of the action to be taken.

How to report noise

To report a noise you can complete our online form or call us on 01636 650000.

Please be aware that the process of investigating a complaint alleging a statutory nuisance, through to resolving the complaint, may take from a few days to several weeks, and in cases where legal action has to be taken, sometimes up to six months.

We are generally unable to deal with anonymous reports and complaints.

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet