Neighbour noise

A common source of the noise complaints are from domestic activities including:

  • Music and speech from TVs and other equipment at excessive volume
  • Dogs barking for prolonged periods
  • DIY activities at unreasonable times
  • Noisy parties and gatherings

If you are being disturbed by noise from a neighbour, we recommend that you try to resolve the problem by speaking to the noise-maker yourself if at all possible. Consider approaching them to explain politely that you are being troubled by their noise. Often people are unaware that they are causing a problem and most will be happy to do what they can to reduce noise.

However, approach the matter carefully if you think your neighbour might react angrily to a complaint. If this approach has little or no effect and you are still concerned by the noise, please contact us or report the issue using our online form.

Noisy neighbours who are tenants of Newark and Sherwood Homes or any social landlord may be in breach of their tenancy conditions.

You can report anti-social behaviour via Newark and Sherwood Homes if the noise is coming from a tenant of the council.

How to report noise

To report a noise you can complete our online form or call us on 01636 650000.

Please be aware that the process of investigating a complaint alleging a statutory nuisance, through to resolving the complaint, may take from a few days to several weeks, and in cases where legal action has to be taken, sometimes up to six months.

We are generally unable to deal with anonymous reports and complaints.

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer Feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet