Entertainment noise

We may investigate complaints of noise from places of entertainment including pubs, bars, restaurants and outdoor events and festivals.

We are routinely consulted on new developments that are subject to planning and licensing applications and may make recommendations on measures to reduce the impact of noise from patrons and revellers.

The Licensing Act 2003 requires specified premises and events to apply for a licence to carry out such activities.

Once operational, we can measure noise levels, give advice to the management about the amount of noise coming from the premises and take further legal action if necessary.

Complaints of this nature are investigated in a similar way to that of other domestic and industrial noise sources.

How to report noise

To report a noise you can complete our online form or call us on 01636 650000.

Please be aware that the process of investigating a complaint alleging a statutory nuisance, through to resolving the complaint, may take from a few days to several weeks, and in cases where legal action has to be taken, sometimes up to six months.

We are generally unable to deal with anonymous reports and complaints.

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer Feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet