Meet the Shedders!
We are groups based in Collingham and Blidworth and our sheds are actually well equipped workshop spaces.
Our members range from hard working hobbyists to willing handymen and those who just appreciate a tea or coffee in a convivial atmosphere. And our members come from all over the local district.
About Men in Sheds
A Men's Shed offers members the opportunity to share the tools and resources they need to work on projects of their own choosing at their own pace and in a safe, friendly and inclusive place.
They are places of skill-sharing and informal learning, of individual pursuits and community projects, of purpose, achievement and social interaction. A place of leisure where men come together to work, or just chat.
Recently we have been enjoying a number of eco recycling and re-using projects as more people become interested in sustainability.
About our sheds
The sheds are supervised by responsible convenors, which are acquainted with proper safety procedures and can provide practical advice about using our comprehensive range of power tools.
- 4 poster bed for Newark Castle
- Repair of old clocks
- Eco Christmas trees and decorations
- Bat-boxes and bug hotels
- Wood turning for sale at local fairs
- Grade 2 listed building work
- Community projects
- Garden decorations
- Recycling and re-using projects
Benefits of joining the Men in Sheds project
It gives you the chance to:
- make new friends
- experience the camaraderie of working with others
- put practical skills to good use and also share them with others
- try something new and learn new skills
- support the local community
- learn about other activities and services in the area
We are hoping that you will join us to put your skills to good use, share your knowledge, learn new skills and generally put the world to rights over a cup of tea!