Animal licensing

You must apply for a licence if you wish to keep any dangerous wild animals.

You must have a licence if your business involves looking after cats and dogs in return for payment.

Anyone producing five or more litters in any 12-month period must be licensed.

You need a licence if you wish to sell animals as pets.

Riding stables are subject to yearly inspections to ensure health and wellbeing of the horses.

A licence is required for zoos to ensure the welfare and health of the animals.

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm

    Customer Feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Castle House
    Great North Road
    NG24 1BY

Access Extranet