We are a breastfeeding friendly organisation.
The Leisure and Environment Committee decided on 20 September 2016 that the council would provide a welcoming, clean and comfortable environment for breastfeeding mums where the public have access to the Council's buildings.
Our Health Improvement Officer will work with Nottinghamshire County Council to identify and support local breastfeeding friendly places with the Newark and Sherwood district.
- Are you a mum in Newark and Sherwood?
- Have you had a positive experience in a Newark and Sherwood business?
- Do you think they would be a suitable candidate for our Breastfeeding Friendly scheme?
Yes? Then let us know by emailing Helen Ellison with the name of the business, road name and area and we will get in touch to invite the business on board.
Do you want your business to be Breastfeeding Friendly?
Breastfeeding Friendly was launched to encourage businesses and venues within Nottinghamshire to sign up to being ‘Breastfeeding Friendly’ as part of action to provide a more welcoming and positive environment for breastfeeding mothers. Many mothers feel that breastfeeding is viewed ‘socially unacceptable’ in public, and Mums often tell us that fear of breastfeeding in public is a barrier to them either starting or continuing to breastfeed. We want to change this, and by being part of Breastfeeding Friendly Nottinghamshire, and spreading the word, you can help us.
There are two avenues this could take:
1) where suitable, being a welcoming premise for mothers wanting a positive and comfortable environment to feed their child,
2) supporting your staff returning from maternity leave
Venues taking part will display stickers letting people know they are welcome to breastfeed, as well as a certificate.
If you are a local business and would like to find out more about becoming involved, have a look at the BFF Resource Pack.
If you would like to apply, you can complete the BFF self-assessment form, electronically and email to Helen Ellison.
Breastfeeding friendly places:
- Castle House - NSDC Reception
- National Civil War Centre
- Hawtonville Childrens Centre
- Bridge Childrens Centre
- Sherwood East Childrens Centre
- Sherwood West Childrens Centre
- Ollerton and Boughton Childrens Centre
- Balderton Primary Care Centre
- Newark Health Centre
- Newark Sports and Fitness Centre
- Blidworth Leisure Centre
- Dukeries Leisure Centre
- Newark Town Hall NSDC offices
- Kelham Hall
- Turquoise Tea Pot
- Feeling Peckish
- Edwinstowe Health Centre
- Ollerton Health Centre
- Rainworth Primary Care Centre
- Blidworth Library
- Edwinstowe Library
- Clipstone Library
- Ollerton Library
- Rainworth Library
- Little Oaks, Edwinstowe
- Newfield Dairy Ice Cream Parlour
- Newark Bus Station
- Rainworth Surgery
- Christ Church
- Costa Coffee (Odeon)
- Costa Coffee (Newark Town Centre)
- Waitrose, Newark
- Carriages, Newark Castle Station
- Old Bakery Tearooms, Newark
- Newark Library
- Alfresco Cafe
- Topiary Tea Rooms
- Art and Craft Cafe
- Teapots and Teacups Tearooms
- Search for other Breast Feeding Friendly places in Notts
Staff at the National Civil War Centre with their breastfeeding friendly certificate after re-accrediting for the scheme.
Waitrose, Newark staff pictured below with their certificate