Parking dispensations in Newark and Sherwood
Dispensations are short term parking permits (up to 14 days) for vehicles parking on streets with parking restrictions such as residents parking schemes, loading bays and single yellow lines.
Nottinghamshire County Council is currently responsible for all on-street residents parking permits however, Newark and Sherwood District Council can offer on-street parking dispensations to business and trade persons where there is a requirement to park in a restricted area to carry out work activities.
- £15.00 cost per dispensation per period with more than 5 working days notice
- £25.00 cost per dispensation per period with less than 5 working days notice
How to check parking restrictions
- visit TraffWeb to check street parking restrictions
Applying for parking dispensations
Applications must be made to our parking services team.
Payment is required on approval of the application before the dispensation will be issued. Our decision is final.
The parking dispensation is not a general parking permit. It will state on which street and at what times it is applicable. The dispensation is subject to terms and conditions of use, please read these carefully prior to applying.
If approved, dispensations will be issued to the applicant and must be clearly displayed on the vehicle while parked. Details of the dispensation can be verified by the Civil Enforcement Officer if required.
Discretionary permits will not be issued to councillors or council officers for routine work or other purposes and will only be issued for the essential statutory or other requirements detailed above.
Terms and conditions
- Newark and Sherwood District Council reserves the right to remove/deactivate any dispensation without notice
- Permits not collected after the application has been processed by Parking Services may still incur an admin charge
- Discretionary dispensations will not be issued for locations where there is any possible danger to pedestrian or highway safety, for example; on bends. Use is limited to agreed locations approved by an authorised officer
- The dispensation may only be used on the vehicle nominated registration and must be clearly and visibly displayed inside the windscreen at all times
- The dispensation will stipulate on which street/restriction and at what times it is applicable. The dispensation does not permit parking anywhere else and will not guarantee a parking space in limited/residential parking places
- Unless there are significant extenuating circumstances discretionary dispensations will not be issued for continuous periods in excess of 14 days. Further dispensations beyond this period will be subjected to a further application and will incur an additional charge
- The vehicle must be fully road legal and hold a valid tax disc, test certificate and motor insurance
Dispensations will not be issued for locations where there is any possible danger to pedestrian or highway safety. Example locations include
- on the brow of hills or where forward visibility is compromised
- on clearways or roads subject to speed limits in excess of 40mph
- adjacent to pedestrian crossing points
- adjacent to school entrances
- where pedestrian visibility is impaired
- where police, military or other safety could be compromised
Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions will result in a penalty charge notice being issued for the relevant contravention.
If you need more help
Please contact the parking services team