Free car parking in NSDC car parks in Newark every Sunday in December up to Christmas and November 25 for the Newark Christmas Light Switch On.
We have numerous pay and display car parks available across the district, ranging from short stay, town centre car parks, to longer-stay car parks which are usually on the edge of the town centre.
If you wish to discuss your parking fine or want to make a challenge, please phone the Central Processing Unit on 0345 520 1357, choose option 2 then option 1 to speak with a customer services advisor.
Parking for disabled people
Disabled people can park for free (for a duration of 3 hours only) in all Newark and Sherwood District Council car parks, provided they are parked in a designated disabled space and a valid disabled person's badge and parking clock are displayed in the vehicle, clearly showing the expiry date of the badge and time of arrival.
Regardless of the availability of disabled parking bays, disabled drivers are not permitted to park on double yellow lines in car parks.
If a blue badge holder cannot get in a disabled space and have to park in an ordinary bay, then they will have to pay and display.
Details of how to obtain a blue disabled parking badge and other information on resident permits/controlled parking zones can be found on the Nottinghamshire County Council website.
If you use a car park not operated by the council, please check what charges apply for disabled motorists.
Car park security
We aim to make our car parks safe and secure. Our car park at Tolney Lane has Secured Car Park status and car parks at Appletongate and the Livestock Market in Newark and Church Street in Southwell, have been awarded the Park Mark 'Safer Parking Award’. CCTV cameras cover most of our car parks and our car park staff carry out routine patrols around the car parks.
If you notice a light out in any car parks, please contact us or the relevant town council.
Parking in Newark and Sherwood is covered by the NSDC Civil Enforcement Off Street Parking Places Order 2015 (PDF File, 963kb)
The parking charter
We pledge to:
- Provide parking facilities that comply with current parking regulations.
- Provide reserved parking bays for disabled badge holders
- Display clear information about charges and where to pay
- Ensure that the car parks are well lit, clean and well maintained
- Make safety and security of your vehicle a key priority by providing uniformed patrolling staff, 24-hour closed circuit TV surveillance and a help point with direct contact with security staff
- Respond to reports of graffiti and vandalism within 24 hours
- Repair any faulty equipment as soon as possible, keeping disruption to a minimum
- Listen to your views and measure car park user satisfaction through feedback surveys
Free car parking in NSDC car parks every Sunday in December up to Christmas and November 25 for the Christmas Light Switch On.