Live and Local Nottinghamshire
Live and Local Nottinghamshire is part of a network of over 40 rural touring schemes across the UK, providing access to high quality arts events for people in rural areas. The scheme is run by Live&Local and shows within the district are part-funded by the district council.
The programme has brought professional touring theatre, dance, music, comedy and storytelling to rural and community venues in Nottinghamshire for over 10 years, supported by local volunteers and promoters who select and host performances, sell tickets and publicise the shows.
Venues for the programme range from village halls to schools and community centres, each providing a warm welcome to both audiences and visiting performers. Some music and street theatre shows are also available for community fun days and village fairs.
The programme runs from September each year, through to the following May and has an accompanying Village Ventures brochure listing all events.
The brochure is available from local libraries and other community outlets across the county or to view online.
What happens when?
- March - annual menu of shows is launched to local promoters
- May - teams from local venues submit their show requests
- July - show bookings are confirmed
- October to December - autumn season of shows
- January to May - spring season of shows
Support for local promoters
Live&Local can give you lots of advice on being a promoter such as organising your team, licensing and insurance, access to venues, selecting and promoting shows, providing hospitality and costing for your event.
They can provide a comprehensive welcome pack on request and promotional support for your show.
- Barnby in the Willows Village Hall
- Blidworth Fun Day
- Caunton Dean Hole Community Centre
- Coddington Community Centre
- Coddington Village Hall
- Gunthorpe Village Hall
- Maplebeck Village Hall
- North Muskham Rural Community Centre
- Norwell Village Hall
- Oxton Village Hall
- Rolleston Village Hall
- South Clifton Coronation Hall
- South Scarle Community Centre
- Southwell Bramley Centre
- Winthorpe Community Centre
Spring programme 2020
The local programme includes comedy with spiltmilk dance, heart-warming drama with old herbaceous, and live music with Kelly Oliver.
There really is nothing like a live show!
Join in the conversation