Flood - insurance

All insurance companies operate an emergency 24-hour telephone helpline, which you should call as soon as you can.  

A list of helplines of the major insurance companies is available on the web site of the Association of British Insurers.

Insurance companies should arrange builders and other repair work and help arrange emergency accommodation and other support.

It is vital that you consult your insurance company before making repairs to your property. It will be very useful to them if you can take photographs of all parts of the building that are damaged.


Flood Re is the national scheme designed to help provide better access to affordable home insurance for those in high flood-risk areas across the UK. It represents a long-term, sustainable approach to providing home insurance for those at flood risk. 

  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Thurs 8.30am to 5.15pm
    Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm

    Customer Feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Newark and Sherwood District Council
    Kelham Hall
    NG23 5QX

Access Extranet