Work experience at the council
Requests are from students from local schools but priority is given to students who either live or attend school in the Newark and Sherwood district. Placements have also been provided to university students, German students through the Twinning Association, and through the Ready4Work team at Nottinghamshire County Council.
In the past, placements have been offered at Active4Today Leisure Centres, sports development, growth, financial services, communications, ICT, community safety, HR, legal, council tax and asset management.
We aim to make the placement as interesting and worthwhile as possible and each participating department is expected to devise a structured work programme.
All work experience students have to satisfactorily complete a disclosure of convictions form before starting a placement. (This is a requirement for anyone who works for the authority whether permanent, temporary or voluntary).
Risk assessments are carried out for students aged 17 and under by the authority.
How to apply:
- Complete and return an application form: Work experience application form (PDF File, 487kb)
- Email a brief letter and CV, if you have one to email@example.com
- Please tell us the subjects you are studying at school, your interests and hobbies
- Tell us the area of the council you would like to work in, and why
- Please also let us know the dates of the placement you require
We will then make enquiries for you and send a letter of confirmation if you are successful.
If you would prefer to write to us our address is Human Resources, Newark and Sherwood District Council, Castle House, Great North Road, Newark Notts, NG24 1BY