Get out and about in the fresh air!
If you are in need of a breath of fresh air and an energising walk in the countryside during half term take a stroll around one of our local country parks.
The Woodland Trust's Nature Detectives website offers lots of ideas for pulling on your wellies, rolling up your sleeves and getting outside. You can have fun with boredom-busting summer holiday activities, find out about nature's signs of summer, make the most of local woods, look for animal tracks, explore, smell and splash around your local park.
Other country parks and gardens to visit locally include:
Let's get Active!
Our leisure centres run special activities to keep children happy and healthy during school holidays.
Summer in our Parks
Watch this space for new summer-time activities coming to our parks for May half term.
Palace Theatre Summer 2017
- The tap dancing mermaid, May 31, 2:30pm - Join the Moon as he tells us the magical mystical story of a young tap dancer called Marina Skippett, who becomes a mermaid.
- The first Hippo on the moon, June 10, 2pm and 4pm - From Number One bestselling Children's author David Walliams, an explosively funny space adventure for children of 3 and up.
- Beauty and the Beast Junior, June 28, 8pm - With many fun supporting characters, fantastic costumes and a great musical score let New Youth Theatre Jr take you on a musical journey full of fun and laughter.
- Oddsocks' Macbeth, July 20, 7:30pm - Shakespeares dramatic story of ambition turned bad is brought vividly to life in Oddsocks' hilarious Steampunk musical adaptation.
- Summer Camp 2017 - Wicked, July 30 to August 4, 10am - 4pm - A great opportunity for young performers aged between 6 and 14 years to work towards a mini-production in 5 days.
- Milshake! Live, September 16, 12pm and 4pm - Starring Milkshake! favourites Bob the Builder, Little Princess, Noddy, Fireman Sam, Shimmer and Shine and Pip from Pip Ahoy!
Music and Dance Sessions at Newark Academy starting from 22 April, every Saturday in term time. 10am to 12pm
Kid's Crafts at Sherwood Forest Arts and Craft Centre, Edwinstowe
Join in some Wednesday fun at Sherwood Forest Arts and Crafts Centre during the school holidays. There is a small charge for each activity and not all activities will be available every session. Combine a trip with a walk around Sherwood Forest. Cafe available.
10.30am to 3pm
- Bath bomb making
- Circus skills
- Paper craft
- Jewellery making
- 31 May
- 26 July
- 9, 16, 23 and 30 August
- 25 October
Events around the district
Search for events around the district!