Alterations to your home can be expensive and complicated. The council can offer guidance and financial support in some cases.

If you're in any doubt or require further information, contact our customer services team.

Council housing - home adaptions

Newark and Sherwood Homes carries out adaptations to suit the needs of disabled people or people with mobility problems to enhance their quality of life.

Disabled people - home adaptations and aids

If you are disabled or infirm, grants are available to adapt your home to help make it safer and more easily accessible.

Insulating your home

Many homes have little or no insulation, are draughty and lack basic energy efficiency technologies. You could be eligible for grants which could greatly reduce the cost of insulating your home, saving money and energy in the long term.

Handy Person Adaptation Service (HPAS)

This service provides help with essential minor adaptations and small practical jobs for the disabled and those aged 60 and above.


Contact us

Energy and Home Support Team
Newark and Sherwood District Council
Kelham Hall
NG23 5QX

01636 650000

Follow us on Twitter‌ Like us on FacebookFollow us on Pinterest‌ Follow us on Instagram


  • 01636 650000

    Mon to Thurs 8.30am to 5.15pm
    Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm

    Customer Feedback

  • Get in touch:

    Newark and Sherwood District Council
    Kelham Hall
    NG23 5QX

Access Extranet