Elston Parish Council
NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF DATE FOR THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2017
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015 No 234)
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
- 1.Date of announcement: 11th June 2017
- 2.Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provide for:
- Inspection: Any persons interested may inspect and make copies of the Annual return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2017 these documents will be available during the period specified in paragraph 4 on reasonable notice on application to the person in paragraph 3 below.
- Questions and objections to the external auditor: Local Government electors and their representatives have rights to:
- question the auditor about the accounting records: and
- object to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must be given to the external auditor and a copy sent to the Authority. Objections must concern a matter of which the external auditor could make a public interest report or apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 5 below for this purpose.
- 3. Person to which you can apply to inspect the accounts
Name: Mike Elliott, Position: Clerk, Address: 19/21 Main Street, Keyworth, Nottingham. NG12 5AA
Tel no: 0115 9376506 Email: email@example.com
- 4. Any rights of inspection, objection, and questioning of the auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days: (Accounts and Audit regulations 2015, regulation 15(1))
Commencing on: 12th June 2017
And ending on: 21st July 2017 between 1pm and 4pm Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays)
- 5. Your appointed auditor is: Grant Thornton UK LLP (for the attention of Mark Heap)
Royal Liver Building, Liverpool, L3 1PS. Tel 0151 224 7200
Hall Farm, Top Street, Elston, NG23 5NP
Telephone 01636 525773 (h)
0115 989 0220 (b)
07973 389617 (m)
Pear Tree House, The Orchard, Elston, NG23 5PL
Telephone 01636 525979 (h)
5 Pinfold Lane, Elston, NG23 5PD
Telephone 01636 525342 (h)
07890 021051 (m)
11 The Paddocks, Elston, NG23 5PH
Telephone 01636 526107 (h)
Fieldview, Mill Road, Elston, NG23 5NR
01636 525484 (h)
Devon Farm, Cross Lane, Elston, NG235PR
Telephone 01636 525108 (h)
07753 662176 (m)
Our councillors do not have set responsibilities but volunteer as matters arising occur.
If representation is required on external local public bodies, councillors volunteer depending on availability.
District and County Councillors
The district councillors for Elston are Councillors Ivor Walker, Keith Walker and Neill Mison.
The county councillor for Elston is Sue Saddington.
Superfast Broadband Campaign
Please support Nottinghamshire's Superfast Broadband Campaign.
Find out more and pledge your support