East Stoke with Thorpe Parish Council
NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF DATE FOR THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2017
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015 No 234)
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
- 1.Date of announcement: 11th June 2017
- 2.Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provide for:
- Inspection: Any persons interested may inspect and make copies of the Annual return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2017 these documents will be available during the period specified in paragraph 4 on reasonable notice on application to the person in paragraph 3 below.
- Questions and objections to the external auditor: Local Government electors and their representatives have rights to:
- question the auditor about the accounting records: and
- object to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must be given to the external auditor and a copy sent to the Authority. Objections must concern a matter of which the external auditor could make a public interest report or apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 5 below for this purpose.
- 3. Person to which you can apply to inspect the accounts
Name: Mike Elliott, Position: Clerk, Address: 19/21 Main Street, Keyworth, Nottingham. NG12 5AA
Tel no: 0115 9376506 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4. Any rights of inspection, objection, and questioning of the auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days: (Accounts and Audit regulations 2015, regulation 15(1))
Commencing on: 12th June 2017
And ending on: 21st July 2017 between 1pm and 4pm Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays)
- 5. Your appointed auditor is: Grant Thornton UK LLP (for the attention of Mark Heap)
Royal Liver Building, Liverpool, L3 1PS. Tel 0151 224 7200
Notts NG23 5PX
01636 525 221 (h)
2 Humber Lane
01636 525 264 (h)
3 Humber Lane
East Stoke, Newark
01636 525620 (h)
07817 541074 (m)
Stoke Wharf Farm
East Stoke, Newark
01636 525852 (h)
07505 455941 (m)
Our councillors do not have set responsibilities but volunteer as matters arising occur.
If representation is required on external local public bodies, councillors volunteer depending on availability.
District and County Councillors
Nottinghamshire County Council representative - Councillor Sue Saddington
Newark and Sherwood District Council representatives - Councillor Ivor Walker, Councillor Keith Walker and Councillor Neill Mison.
Planning in East Stoke and Thorpe
You may wish to view / track all current planning applications online.