First Parish Council
A new Local Government Act became law on the March 5, 1894.
It divided duties previously run by the Church vestry committee into sacred things / ecclesiastical, and worldly / civil, the former retained by the vestry committee and the latter transferred to parish, urban and rural district councils respectively.
In December of that year the first Balderton Parish Council was elected with thirteen members.
Our community is currently entitled to elect fifteen Parish Councillors, Four District Councillors, and one County Councillor.
The pictures below are of two boards that show the names and dates of people who have served as Chairman from that date.